Friday, April 07, 2006

DOWN 2.2 POUNDS TO 310.8 total loss 70!!

It has been a long time since I was truly happy with the amount of weight dropped in one week. I know you are thinking I am doing it the right way, averaging 1 - 2 pounds a week is how to keep it off..blah blah blah. And all that is true. I am going to take a moment from being dissapointed that I have not reached 299 and be very happy that over the last few weeks I have dropped 15 pounds after being stuck on 325 for what seemed like forever. I know that 299 will come, and my running has gone well, I have made ever run this week 8 miler, two 5 milers and lifted weights. 2.2 pounds is nothing to be ashamed of and I am getting closer to 299 each week.

Now my long run for this week is only 6.2 miles, did I just say "only", well anyway then I will have a 9 miler and 10 miler then the 1/2 marathon. The problem is my life is about to be very hectic over the next couple of weeks. We are going camping with firends next weekend, and going to be in D.C. from the 18-23, and my birthday is in there somewhere. That is a lot of opportunity to not eat well and get off track. All this new discipline is really going to be tested.

On a happy note, someone who had not seen me in a while asked me just how much weight I had lost, and was amazed that I was stll over 300 pounds, they said they would have thought 240 or so. It made me realisze how lucky I am to carry my weight well, and still have some athletic build to me as not to look as fat as I really am. The bad thought of that is when I start to get to where I need to be for me to be healthy, I know some people (my mother for one) will say I look sick, but I will really just be healthy. I will be glad when that is problem I have to deal with, until then I will just "keep on truck'en"

1 comment:

Greg Brooks said...

Ha! Does your mom read your blog?


You are doing so well. I'm glad I can be a part of your success by running alongside you sometimes. You're a stud and I admire you.