Monday, April 24, 2006

Where Have I Been???

I'm glad you asked. I have been not running and eating way to much in our nation's capital. I am one week out from the big 1/2 marathon, and all last week I ate like a fat man and got in no workouts. Kim is making me feel better by telling me we walked at least 5 miles a day, and I am sure we did, but that still will not make up for the missed 10 mile jog. But all I can do it stick to the plan this week and eat well and finish on Saturday. I will finish on Saturday! I can't help but know that all that football and never give attitude will kick in and I will jog, walk, or crawl to the finish line on Saturday. I have looked at the forecast and it should be cool, and that it one of the biggest things for me, all the training runs I did, were much better the cooler it was. I am not going to weigh this week, becasue I know I have gained weight and don't need that mental barrier for the race. I will eat well this week and run the race and then weigh next Monday. This will be a great mile marker along the way of my journey and I look forward to getting there getting it done and setting my sights on the next challenge.

No comments: