Friday, April 14, 2006

Just a Bad Week

Well this week pretty much sucked. I gained 2 pounds. I think it was a combonation of things. First instead of free day last week I had free weekend. Second for the first time in a long time I had the gout arthritist flare in my foot. I could not straighten out my ankle for most of the week and it is still very sore, I have not run all week. Third I have not lifited all week. I think my lack of exercise this week can be attributed to my foot and just a lot of stress and just not feeling like I have time to do it. I would like to give an optimistic look at the next week but it is not going to be easey. We are going camping this weekend and will just have to eat whatever the people we are going with cook. We leave for Baltimore on Tuesday and will be there through the week till next Sunday. I am pretty depressed about it to tell you the truth, I have fallen 12 pounds short of my goal to be under 300 by my birthday. I need to run 9 miles Sunday, if that goes well I might have a little better outlook on things, but for right now I am concerned as to wether or not I will be ready for the 1/2 marathon and I am conerned about how much the next week will set me back on the weight loss journey. I am really going to try to do well this weekend and just stick to the program next week, but I know some stuff will be out of my control and sometimes when I am away I get the "hey we are on vacation mentality" and just forget it. I wish I could give you a good note to end on for this week but I really don't see it. I guess you could say this is the Empire Strikes Back of the Brad Getting Fit blog.

No comments: