Monday, June 26, 2006

Biked 17 ran 3

My participation in my first triathlon went well. My friend Jason did a great job in the swim and I jumped on the bike and had a pretty good ride. I got passed by a few people, but was still in the middle of the pack when I started the run. That my friend is when it went down hill, well I wish it went it downhill, it seemed to go up up and up. My legs were like big piles of rocks for the first mile and 1/2 and that is not good on a 3 mile run. I got passed by a lot of people. But in the end we accomplished our goal 1. FINISH and 2. Finish in under 2 hours. 3. Don't come in last! We accomplished all 3 goals and now I am ready to get more serious about Aug 20, when I will do all 3 by myslef.

Look for a weight update on Friday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brad,
I stumbled onto your blog a few months ago while looking at Joe James' blog. I know we have not talked in a number of years, but I am really encouraged by reading your posts. I am currently running about 20-25 miles per week, and am planning to run a marathon. I've had quite a journey both spiritually and physically the last several years, and feel so blessed to be able to exercise. I'm not that fast (I try to stop and smell the roses), and that's easier to do if your slow. Anyway, I hope you get this. Please stay in touch. I remember alot of fun times we had when we were younger. Back a couple of summers ago I listened to tape of me preaching at a youth rally at Nettleton, and you preached the other lesson. It was hilarious. Let's keep plodding along.
Rob Shaver

Anonymous said...

Hey Brad,
I came across your blog while looking at Joe James'blog. I have been so encouraged by your posts. I have been running 20-25 miles per week, and am planning on trying a marathon. I have been on quite a journey spiritually and physically the last several years, and feel so blessed to be able to exercise. I am not fast (I try to stop and smell the roses), and it's easier to do when your slow. Anyway, I hope you get this. I remember some good times we had when we were younger. A couple summer's ago I listened to a tape of me preaching for a youth rally at Nettleton, you preached the other lesson. It was hilarious! Let's keep plodding along.
Rob Shaver