Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Back From Vacation

We rolled in last night around midnight from over a week on the road. We spent 7 days in Florida and a few in Chattanooga with Kim's parents on the way.

Let me get to the numbers first. I had a great week of working out. I made all my workouts which included a couple of 2 hour bike rides and a couple of long runs of over an hour. I am very much on course for the triathlon in Chattanooga on July 15. On the eating side of things, I blew it. I ate like I hadnever eaten before and have some work to do to get back on track. But that is the beauty of the maintaince phase of this weight loss program. I know how I gained weight, and I know how to lose it.

The greatest part of vacation was that I was not worried at all about what I looked like with my shirt off. I was glad to hang out in the pool and the ocean and even got a little bit of a tan. I usually stay under the shade with my shirt on and am not much fun. The weight loss over the past year made this the best vacation ever. I will try to talk more about this when I have more time, but this was another experiance that made me ask myself what else I have been missing because of my weight?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done Brad. Your attitude and mindset show that your committment is true and will definately stay. Thanks for making the rest of us skinny folk look bad.

Bless you Friend.