Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Houston We Have A Problem!!

This weekend we took the motor home to Knoxville to tailgate and watch the Vols play the Arkansas State Indians. It was a great trip, but on the way home I jumped out of the RV at a gas station and missed a step, I landed upright, but had a really bad pain in my lower back. When we got home three hours later, I could hardly move. I could not bend over at all and I looked like I was a 98 year getting in and out of my car. I had ruptured disc surgery in high school because of a football injury, and I have not had pain this severe since then and two weeks before the marathon. I am taking drugs and going to therapy and if it does not get better by Friday I am supposed to have an MRI. My doctor really thinks it is just ligament damage because there is no pain going down my legs like the last time, but he says if it does not get better, then that he could be wrong. Of course I asked him about the marathon and he said if I can run without pain,and we rule out the disc problem then I can go for it, but I am not supposed to do any running till Friday, I will miss a whole week and a half of training, but at this point I really feel like you would have to take my leg off not to try and do the marathon. I don't really have any pain standing or walking, so I am thinking I won't have pain running. I am going to give it a try tomorrow, I will let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Brad, I truly hope that the pain goes away. Sending positive thoughts from NJ your way.

Anonymous said...

Hey cuz,
Really sorry to hear about your setback; but if I have learned anything from your blog, it's that you can handle setbacks!

Back pain is terrible and I'm sure this is very frustrating for you, but I know you'll get through it, and you'll be stronger once you have recovered.

I'll be praying for you.
- Dave Shumpert in Albany, NY

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.