Monday, October 01, 2007

GAME WEEK!!

This is the week, the CHICAGO MARATHON is just 6 days away!! After a week of physical therapy and really good drugs, my back is feeling close to 100% Kim and I ran 9 miles Saturday and it went great. I appreciate all the prayers and concern for me, it was a very depressing couple of days last week for me, but all seems to being going well now.

The plan is to leave Friday morning and get about 2 hours outside if the windy city and then head in Saturday morning. We will go get checked in and go to the expo and hope to eat with some friends on Saturday night. Then the big race on Sunday. After my back problems and not getting as many training miles in as I wanted I am not going in with any finish time expectations other than to to finish. I am excited and look forward to reporting on the race and the trip.

3 comments:

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

We look forward to hearing about it Brad. I will be sending good vibes from NJ that your back handels the race with no problems.

Kim Herring said...

Game on! I have a half marathon on Saturday! Best of luck to you in Chicago - I've heard it's a great race! Glad to hear that your back is feeling better!

Steve said...

"You can do it"! Also sending vibes from Ohio. You can do it one step at a time.