Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Long Time No Post

It has been busy. First let me update you on the situation with Kim's Dad. He is in the last stages of cancer, but his body continues to work somewhat. The hospice people are convinced he will not be with us much longer, but they said 5 days last Tuesday, so what do they know. We will continue to tralvel to Chattanooga on the weekends until he passes.

That brings me to how poorly I eat on the road. I am holding my weight, probably becasue of the 18 miles I ran Saturday and the weight lifting program I am know on, and the other running during the week, but it is not because I am eating well. I am really trying to lose weight not stay the same, especially with Debbie www.debbiecook.blogspot.com beating me in the race to lose 30 pounds. But I feel a loss coming on this week and I am thinking I will close the gap a little bit.

The marathon is coming up on DEC 1 and I am getting more and more excited about that.

Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I've been praying for you guys.

I think that it is great that you are maintaining during this hard time. Most people use it as an excuse to gain weight. Congrats on maintaining. Also, you know why you're not losing and that is the first step to losing again. You'll do it.

I'm excited that you get to run another marathon after the fiasco in Chicago. I'm sure it will be a lot better of an experience. Is your wife doing the December one as well?

Debbie Cook said...

I hope you did better this week than I did. But not too much better - I like being in the lead. I am anxiously awaiting your next post.