Friday, October 05, 2007

Mile Dedication

I have decided to dedicate some miles in the marathon to my friends and family. Especially the hard miles, some would say this cheeesy, but it is a big deal to me.

Mile One and mile 26 is dedicated to my life partner, supporter, running partner and mother of my childern.. Kim, I love you and appreciate your encouragment on this journey.

Miles 5 and 15 are dedicated to my sister Shelena, she likes the number 5 a lot and she is the best sister I have so it was only natural

Miles 13 and 20 are dedicated to my parents for putting up with me, I love and apprecaite their support so much, and they continue to be great examples for Kim and I, our marriage and our parenting.

Miles 24 and 25 are dedicated to Kiley and Robyn because I might want to quit then, but can't imagine coming home and not showing them my medal.

Mile 7 and 12 are dedicated to my father-in-law who is struggling with cancer, Larry and Susan were going to be in Chicago to see Kim and I, but they are in a hospital in Chattanooga.

Mile 15 is dedicated to our house church, thanks so much to Debbie, Chris, Polly, Dan, Scarlett, Greg, Carolyn, Jason, Julie, and past members Philip and Brooks who have moved to Hot Springs.

Finally Mile 16 is dedicated to all you people who read and comment on my blog and have been supportive and cotinue to motivate me on in my weight loss and physical endevors. This includes you Kevin, thanks for using ass or damn in every comment you have ever posted.

5 comments:

Abbey said...

Yay Brad!!! I will be praying for you and Kim tomorrow! You will SHINE!

Greg Brooks said...

Thanks for mile 15! We all believe in you and know that your hard work will pay off. You are an inspiration to me (During my 3 miles I think of you guys doing 15!). We are praying for you.
Carolyn

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Can't wait to hear about the big race. Hope to do my first one next year.

Melissa said...

Hi Brad,

I used to go to church at mile 4 of the marathon. Did you notice a big red brick church on your right. It's right by North Ave and LaSalle Blvd. I went to that church for about 12 years and I would always make posters and take my Sunday School kids out there and we would cheer. Our poster always said, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. Pilippians 4:13" People would run by and thank the kids and tell us how much that meant to them. It was fun and I miss doing it.

I cannot wait to hear how your day went. I was praying for all of you. I knew it would be harder with the heat this year. Usually everyone is freezing. We have yet to figure out Chicago weather.

I think that it is neat how you dedicated different miles to different people. It is neat to honor the people in your life that way.

Take care,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Brad,
What happened in Chicago? I've been reading the Tribune. Did you finish? Are you ok?