Monday, October 15, 2007

Running Always Helps

This weekend, I think I have finally put Chicago behind me. I ran the local 1/2 marathon, the Fergus Snoddy, www.fergussnoddy.com. It was a great experience. I had a PR with 2:16:53 on a really hilly course. My friend's Greg and Chris ran the 5k and it was just a really good day. I am getting more excited about the Memphis Marathon on Dec 1.

Tomorrow starts my first training session with my trainer and our friend Karen, who has completed a couple of Ironmans and is a pretty darn good triathlete. She is going to help me lift weights for better endurance. As an ex-football player who has only known how to lift weights to get bigger and stronger I need some help in learning how to lift for endurance and sculpting and strengthening my core. We will lift together on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

As some of you may know Debbie is a good friend of mine www.debbiecook.blogspot.com She has lost over 80 pounds and has now challenged me to see who can get the next 30 off the quickest. We have big money on the line, and as much as I like Deb, I hate losing, so I have no choice other than to BEAT HER INTO THE GROUND, AND TALK TRASH WHILE I AM DOING IT. With the love of Christ, of course.

1 comment:

Debbie Cook said...

Sticks and stones...
I've been looking at new CD's
thinking about what I may choose as my prize for winning ;)
Deb