Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Life is HECTIC!!

I have gained about 16 pounds over the last two based on my scales this morning. I have been in Chattanooga with my wife and her family waiting for the death of her Dad. He died last night, so we will be going back for the funeral this weekend. We have put our lives on hold for the last few weeks and I have not run or even tried to eat well. As a matter of fact I have used the situation as an excuse to eat very poorly. I am not saying that the situtation is not much more important than my weight loss, but I have an obligation to protect my weight loss and to continue on my health journey. In our house church last night we talked about getting back up from mistakes quickly and not dwelling on our failures and that is what I intend to do. I have packed my scale for this trip and I plan on sticking to at least eathing healthy throught the rest of the week and weekend. I know based on my past that after a binge like I have been on and a big gain that if I just try a little I can lose 8-10 pounds in a week or so. SO here I go BACK ON TRACK,

By the way I still plan on beating Debbie to 30 pounds as soon as I get this extra 16 off. I am going to kick it in and lose 46 faster then it takes Debbie to lose 30!!! Yeah I know bold statement, but what do I have to lose??

6 comments:

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Brad,

I am very sorry for your loss. You and Kim are in my thoughts.

Dan

Anonymous said...

Cuz,
I'll pray for you and Kim and her family. Something I've noticed about running, and falling off the routine: when you get back on, the progress is quick and you'll be back in fighting shape in no time. I think it's good that you let yourself go during the time that you really needed to focus on Kim and her family. You'll bounce-back and it will be like you can begin healing yourself while Kim's family begins their healing.
God Bless.
David Shumpert

Carolyn Brooks said...

You guys are in our thoughts and prayers. I know you will do well with the funeral and get back on track with your weight loss also. You are so determined, I would expect nothing less.

Debbie Cook said...

Brad,
Just wanted to let you guys know I am praying and thinking about you guys. Let me know if there is anything you need me to do back home while you are away. Be safe in all your travels.
Deb

Anonymous said...

If you guys need anything in the next couple of weeks, please let us know. It looks like we'll be in Chattanoogy during thanksgiving, so if you'd like an evening away, please holler at us.

much love,

Box

Melissa said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

You have a great attitude about the whole getting off track. Just picture a baby learning to walk and falling. They don't stay down, they get up and try walking again. You are back up and you'll be running in no time.

Have a blessed thanksgiving. I'll be praying for you guys.