Monday, November 19, 2007

Back On Track

Well I am a few hours back into weight loss mode today and all is going well. It seems like it takes one good day to get my system back on track. I did a really poor job of eating in Chattanooga. I ate poorly on the road, I ate poorly at the house and I ate poorly at the restaurants. I have had more pizza, burgers, steaks, and chocolate in the last 3 weeks than I had all this year. My weight went up, but the most disappointing things are that my clothes are much tighter, my gout arthritis is hurting my foot, and I will not be able to eat and feel like I deserve to enjoy the food at Thanksgiving this year. Also I have no idea if I could go out and run 10 miles much less a marathon by Dec 1.

OK now I have vented about it, so what am I doing about it? I have done very well today back on weight loss mentality. I am not sure my foot feels good enough to run today, but I will lift tomorrow and try to run a little. Not eating a lot for Thanksgiving should not be that big a deal considering it was a year ago this week that I started this weight loss journey and had nothing but my protein shake for Thanksgiving last year.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and support during these last few days with Larry's illness and death. We are very blessed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes you friggin' can run that marathon. The hay is in the barn. You have the stamina and endurance. You body will bound back, and you may have needed that rest anyway!! Don't stop!!
See you in Memphis.

-Box

Debbie Cook said...

I can't even begin to imagine how hard the last few weeks have been for you guys. I am glad to hear you are back on track and ready to roll. You are still going to have to buy me a CD!
Deb

Polly said...

if i am going to walk the 5k, you have to run the marathon! that sounds fair, doesn't it!?

Anonymous said...

You can do the marathon!! Last year, I ran the Memphis half and I had trained poorly. I don't think I did any long runs within 4 weeks of the race. I thought I'd have walk to the finish. But halfway through I was feeling good and finished with a PR. Jen said it probably because of my "laziness" actually served as "rest." So don't forget to taper next week! Where do you guys want to meet for supper? Old Spaghetti??