Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Big Weight Announcement

Today I made a prettty big decesion. I have joined Weight Watchers. You are probably wondering why I would do that with the success I was having and had with the medically supervised program. 1) I am taking over grocery shopping and dinner making at the Shumpert house and Kim is on Weight Watchers and Kiley and Robyn need to start leaning to eat healthy, more so Kiley right now, but it will be better for us to all be on the same page. 2) Those of you who know my extremist personality know that I am all in or not, and I loved the shakes only and it helped me get where I felt my weight is vey managable, but looking for the long run I really like the WW plan and think it might fit better into my physicaly active lifestly by allowing points and more food for more exercise. 3) I wanted the accoutability of a group and going into weigh each week like the other program, but did not want to spend the extra money for the other program. 4) As much as I like shakes and prepackeded meals, there is real food in the real world and I have got to learn to maintain and lose weight with it everday. 5) I needed to do something to shake things up becasue the 20 pounds I have gained are turing the corner and looking more like 30, it was time to make a drastic step to stop the bleeding and regain control, and like any good addict I realized I needed help. 6) After I get to my goal at WW I can get my own class and launch my motivatianl speaking and book deal. Ok so maybe number six is not a good reason, but I am being transparent here.

My first weigh in is next Friday that is a week from Friday, I will let you know how it goes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Brad! I've seen you struggling lately and it sounds like you're really being proactive by changing your plan of attack...I'm sure you'll see results and gain some motivation with the new program. Good luck and be patient; I suspect things might go a little slower with WW, but be sure to extrapolate your success: Think about how much you can lose if you stick with WW for 5 years and make the same monthly progress as month #1. (I know that's not quite realistic, but I think WW is more of a long-term lifestyle, and I think you'll be able to imagine "living" on it for a long time.) I'm anxious to hear about it!
Dave Shumpert (Still working to hold the same weight for 18 straight months...Down 50 lbs from my peak...One day at a time, cuz!)

Russ said...

Just remember to throw me a few roylaties for coming up with your book title..."Running Down a Dream: My Journey from __ to __.

Debbie Cook said...

Way to go, Brad - Getting the whole family into it. Learing to eat real food in the real world and maintain your health is a great goal. Keep up the good work.

Melissa said...

I love Weight Watchers. It's nice that you and your wife are going to do it together. I'm on it on my own and it is hard sometimes when certain things are brought in the house, but in the last 6 weeks I've lost about 12.5 pounds. Keep up the good week. I weigh in on Saturday mornings, so we can encourage each other.

Melissa said...

Weight Watchers is a great, real life plan. It is going great for me. It might be just what you need to mix things up and start losing again. I think it is great that you are doing it with your wife. It helps to have someone in it with you.

I will pray for success for you.

Melissa