Friday, February 22, 2008

I like this Weight Watchers thing

I lost 7.8 pounds in my first week of Weight Watchers. I have to say that it is a little more than I thought I would lose and I am sure it will slow down, but I am excited about it. It is good to be back in the swing of going to a meeting and having the accountabiltiy factor. I hope to cook a WW receipe of poppy seed chicken tonight and the whole family can enjoy it. Even with Kim and I going out of town last weekend I was able to stay on program and eat out the whole weekend.

I really feel that this is a lifestyle thing and would not be hard to stay on long term. Kim is really an example to that, she lost all like 15 pounds she gained afer both kids and continues to go to the meeting once a month and weigh in and stick to the points program pretty well to maintain her weight. She has been doing it for over 5 years or so now.

The weight lifting is still going well 2 days a week and I am trying to get in more running or biking, but the weather has really been bad , and I have not been terribly motivated or had a ton of time, but once momentum starts in the right direction it makes it a lot easier to keep it going and doing the right things to stay in shape.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Hello from Miami Florida. Congrats on your weight loss. I think you will like Weight Watchers. It is the most real life program I have been on. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Way to go, cuz!!!

Steve said...

Way to go!!!! Great Job!!! Did you find yourself hungry??? You can do it!!!

Debbie Cook said...

Double or nothing...hmmmm - Tell me more.