Thursday, January 31, 2008

Busy, busy, but not bad

Well I have been out of town a couple of weekends and have not lost any weight the last two weeks, I have not gained, but at this point staying the same is not really the goal. I have been working out in the weight room two days a week and actually ran once last week. I am currently just trying to get everything I have to get done taken care of and running or biking or swimming is a luxery. My main goal is to weigh Monday with some weight lost and to have done a good job with dicipline over the weekend. That has been a key phrase lately when I want to eat something I should not, I ask myslef if I really have no dicipline and usually I can answer myslef (which they say is a sign of mental illness) with an affrmitive and make a good eating choice. I am going to have to start running on a consistant basis again soon, but I am taking a class a Spanish class everyday at 8 in the monring and my afternoons are always busy, so in order to run I may start trying to get at it around 5:30 or so in the monrings a couple of days a week. I feel that I am on track and the journey is still very much on the right road, I am just afraid that I am going to have to buy Debbie a CD very soon becasue she is kicking my butt at the race to lose 30 pounds.

2 comments:

Kevin Box said...

You have struck upon something I firmly believe in...No matter what you are trying to do to improve yourself, it all comes back to YOU and your own self-discipline. No book you read, no friend you see can make you improve yourself. They can offer help & suggestions, but only you (by Christ's gifts) and your own self-discipline can actually get it done. Here is the verse and (greek phrase) I use:
Hebrews 12:11
(γυμνάζω)=Self-discipline: to experience vigorous training and control, with the implication of increased physical and/or moral strength—‘to train, to undergo discipline.’

Keep on brother!!
-Box

Melissa said...

Brad even though staying the same weight is not your goal stay focused on the fact that you haven't gained. You'll get there. Good job!!