Monday, July 23, 2007

Picture



Here it is the one picture I have as proof that I did the BMW Chattanooga Waterfront Triathlon. Trust me when I tell you if I had a more flattering picture I would have used it, but the pictures Kim took of me at the transition and on my bike got shipped off to Apple when her IPhone messed up and the they just sent her a new one with no pictures. I have never been to an event where they did not at lest get one picture of you crossing the finish line, I know I smiled for at least 3 cameras on the course, but nope, this is the only one they offered for me to buy.

On another note, Kim and I ran our long run of 12 miles on Saturday night this weekend and it went really well. I had a ton left at the finish and am looking forward to a good week of workouts and of eating well. I have really stuggled with eating well since the triathlon for some reason. I think some of it has been the travel, and some of it has been that I have not been feeling real well and food seems to settle my stomach, but I am sure I am eating too much of it and the wrong types. I got my latest issue of Inside Triathlon and it is the nutrition issue. I am pumped up to finally break the weight barrier I have been at and get as close if not to 200 pounds by the Marathon. I am a little competetive and now realize I will probably nver be able to compete with these little 160 pound guys that go up hill beside me on the bike like I am standing still. But I think I could be very competiitve, especially if I get my swim time down in the clydesdale division (200 pounds and up) So that is my new weight goal 200 pounds. Now being fit and getting in shape and all of that is still how I will judge my success, but there is nothing wrong with having a number to shoot for.

6 comments:

Debbie Cook said...

Way to go Brad!!! Goals are always good when they are doable and yours certainly are. Keep up the good work.

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

You have a great attitude and keep up the great work. I will have to pick up that magazine.

Anonymous said...

You at 200 lbs. will be a force to be reckoned with. The length of your legs and your muscularity will be a big advantage over the 160 lbs guys. And even if it isn't, you can always simply kick their scrawny butts. I finally broke the 200 lbs barrier last week. I plan to hover right at 200, just in case I ever find a race with a clydesdale division.
-Box

bigmike600 said...

Hey if you don't mind me asking..What is your height? I was 5'11" at 380. I would also love to get around 205. Coming from a guy who knows exactly where you started..You have done a great job and even if you did not lose another pound you should still be proud. For some reason in that picture the water looks freezing. I feel shivers just looking at it.

LisaDuvall said...

I've just read your entire blog. Very inspiring! Congrats on finishing the triatholon!!! I'm so impressed!

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Brad, I did pick up the issue and think it is great. I have already changed some of my meals because of it.