Monday, July 16, 2007

Race Report

I have now completed an olympic distance triathlon! I made it through the mile swim, the 25 mile bike, and the 6.2 mile run in good shape. It was really a whole lot of fun. Other than some panic in the water during the first part of the swim, and a near wreck going down a hill at 40 miles and hour, and the fact the bike course is what I think of when I hear about the mountain stages in the Tour de France, it was a blast! One of the most exciting things was having my family there to support me. Kim, Kiley, Robyn, Susan, Larry, Jacob, and Minda all cheering me on through the transitions. I am not sure of my times as they have not posted them yet to the website. But I do know I'm no speed demon. This triathlon was a qualifier for 2 different world championships, the calibur of athlete there was certainly higher than any races I have seen previously. But that's really a good thing because it inspires me to continue to work harder and lose a few pounds to get a little faster. As I was telling Kim the other day, I am very competitive. But oddly enough I'm not competitive against other people in triathlons but I am very competitive with myself and hope to beat me next time out. Thanks so much to everyone for your calls, thoughts, and prayers and comments on my blog. We are still traveling, I hope to write more soon.

8 comments:

Polly said...

Way to go Brad! I thought about about you guys all day Saturday. I am glad that you had such a good time!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!

It is an amazing athletic accomplishment that the vast majority of people will never understand. What you have done is fantastically difficult. Great job, look forward to seeing y'all soon.

Debbie Cook said...

Awesome! What an accomplishment. I am glad to hear you completed the triathalon safely and had a good time. See you guys when you get back.

Steve said...

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to Go!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good job Brad! That is awesome!

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Brad that is fantastic. You have made a great transformation, keep up the great work.

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bigmike600 said...

Hey fill us in on how you did and how it felt. I am hoping to do an oly next year once I get my swim where it needs to be.