Monday, July 30, 2007

Running Down A Dream

I have to say that one of the songs that ring in my head each time I go out for a long run or bike, or even have to face a challenge when it comes to food is the Tom Pettey song "Running Down A Dream" I love the line, "Running down a dream that never would come to me." I take that personally, my weight loss never would just come to me as much as I wanted it to for so many years, my health would never just come to me, as much as I sat around and thought of myself as fit, the numbers at the Dr were alway different. Good health is really one of those thing you have to "run down" or bike down, or swim down, or walk down, or aerobics down, or boot camp down. Whatever it is for you, you know what you like. I get kind of mad when I hear that song now, not an angery mad, but a "I will show you!" Kind of mad, I will run down the dream of health, of triathlon, and now of the magic 200 pound mark. That song went through my head Saturday night as Kim and I ran our 13 miles in preperation for Chicago, it was the most humid night I can remeber running in, in a while, by the time I was finished the sweat had run down my legs into both shoes and socks so much it felt like I had been running through puddles. I was tired, somene stole our first water stop, and we had a lot of reasons to just say, "let's skip this week" "let's put it off for a while" but we were running down our dreams, and at the end of that workout Saturday night, I felt better than I had all week.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi I was floating thru blog world and came across your blog. I just wanted to say kudos to you on the will you have to be healthly. You look great.

Unknown said...

Hi browsing thru blogworld came across yours...I just wanted to say kudos to you and you look great!!!!!

Unknown said...

Well said Brad.

Greg Brooks said...

Hey. If ya'll are running downtown you can use us as a water stop if you need to, so no one steals your bottles.

Steve said...

Never liked Tom Petty (it was the ex-wifes favorite) but now.....awsome!!!!!!

Debbie Cook said...

I thought of you and Kim Saturday as I was doing my walk in the humidity. But you are right - it doesn't matter what the conditions are we have to keep "running down our dreams". Keep it up!

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

This post got me out of a minor slump and got me running last night. Thank you Brad.

bigmike600 said...

Yeah that Seifring guys minor slump...He freakin PR's that 5K race every time he runs it. :) Wish I had that kind of slump.

Toby said...

Could not have said it any better. I actually bought shirts this week in a size large. I never thought that dream would come true. Just remember, as you are running down your dream, you have inspired others to dream a dream as well. Your journey for a better health has brought many to a better health. Thanks for the inspiration.