Monday, August 13, 2007

I am a little tired

It was a pretty tough weekend. We traveled to Chattanooga to take care of a little family business, and while there our training called for a 15 mile run. Kim and I had also signed up for a triathlon in Chattanooga for Sunday. That was a crazy idea. We decided to run early Saturday morning, it was hot but not too bad and the run went really well. Later that day Kiley and I went swimming and we all walked around downtown for a while and picked up our race packets for the race the next day.
Sunday, Kim and I wake up at 3:30 in the morning our time and head to the transition areas (yes this race had two, and they did not organize either very well) to get out stuff set up. The race started at 7:00 and I did not feel a lot of fatigue from the previous days run, at least mot as much as I thought I would. What relly was bad about this race is that when it was over we were 8 miles away from our car, and I had to bike it and pick up the car and come back and get Kim and all our stuff. Then I got to sit in a car and drive home for 7 hours. I am feeling it this morning, my legs ache and I did not want to get out of bed. But the main thing is we made it and I have now done 4 triathlons and Kim has her first one under her belt and we are still on our trianing track for the Chicago Marathon.

6 comments:

Greg Brooks said...

Wow! I didn't realize you guys were having such an eventful weekend. I'm so proud of you for sticking with the plan. The heat is getting to me. I'm dreaming about a treadmill!
Carolyn

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

WTG Brad and Kim. Keep up the great work.

Greg Brooks said...

You are an awesome triathlethe. And Kim is too.

That's not me above. It's Carolyn posing as me. Don't believe a word she said.

Sarah said...

I leave Friday... so you have a few more days to get me. ;) I hope you had a great trip this weekend, and I'll talk to you soon.

P.S. I love that picture of Kiley cheering you on as you run... so sweet.

bigmike600 said...

Great job and keep up the nice work.

Melissa said...

Great job on the race. I admire you for running and then doing your Tri the next day. Keep up the great work!!!!