Friday, August 31, 2007

It has been BUSY!

I have been running in more ways than one lately. I forget just how hectic the start of school is. I have been busy getting our campus ministry at Arkansas State kicked back up for the fall semester. Last weekend we went white water rafting on the Ocoee River. This weekend I am going to watch ASU play Texas in Austin, and this morning I ran 18 miles. I played Pearl Jam's "Alive" on my way home because I was excited to have run 18 miles and still be alive to talk about it. I was really pumped up about some weight loss last week, but the weekend trip and now this weekend trip has me back to even for the month, and since it is the end of the month I don't have time to lose any, so September will have to be better as far as weight goes, or I will not be able to run Chicago at my all time adult lowest weight ever. I think I can get the 7 pounds off between now and then plus a few.

This week the long run goes back down a little, I think it's only 14 miles and then comes the big 20 miler, after that the program tapers down and lets you rest for the race. Many people have asked me how I feel about not running the whole 26.2 till the day of the race, and honestly I have not thought that much about it. Part of it may be that I used Hal Higdon's plan for the 1/2 marathon and did not go all the way up to race mileage and still made it just fine. At this stage of the game I am very happy to just run the 26.2 once.

I hope to post a couple of pics from the raft trip soon.

3 comments:

Jenniferlyn said...

It honestly is all mental. I've been there and done that.

I think it is true whaat they say - if you can run 20, then you are set for the 26.2. Your body will get you across the finish line, if you get your body to 20 miles!!!

bigmike600 said...

That was a nice run. I only plan on doing marathon run at the end of ironman events. Half marathons a couple times a year seem like enough punishment. Good Luck.

dhooks said...

Just stumbled across your blog which is interesting as Im also trying to get back down to a trimmer weight after easing upward of around 250 lbs over the past few years. Im doing it on a bike though as thats easier for me to stay focused on.

Sounds like your at the point where its hard to maintain your conditioning plus losing weight.

Do you have any off time this winter you can get the weight down without maintaining top condition, that seems to work better for me if Im not trying to reach different fitnes goals at the same time. ( weight an conditioning)

Luck!