Thursday, April 17, 2008

Down 8!!

Well the first week back on the wagon was a good one. I did not get near the physical activity that I wanted to, but did lose over 8 pounds. I hope to plan 5 or 10K or a bike race or something I can start training towards, because it is apparent that without a goal I won't get out and do much.

I know it is just the first week and I am still almost 30 pounds from my lowest weight of last year, but I feel like I am on the way, and that it will come off. I have not written about the possibility of an Ironman in a while, but it is something you have to register for a year in advance, and looking at my schedule for the year I am realizing that I might be able to start training at the first of 2009 and would like to at least think about doing one in July or August of 2009. That is along way away, but this years is just not a possibility with all that I have going on, a half marathon is probably the most I can hope for this year and some 5ks, but if things work out like I hope, I will have the first part of 2009 with much more spare time.

By the way I think I am beating Debbie in our newest challenge!!

1 comment:

Debbie Cook said...

Great first week back - WOW! I may be buying you a prize soon. I was hoping you would at leat let me have a fighting chance here, but I am not giving up. Just working harder. Congrats on the 8.