Thursday, January 04, 2007

Big Big WEEK!

Yesterday I weighed in with a loss of 9.1, to bring the total weight loss in the last 7 weeks to 69 POUNDS! My weight is now 287. I am moving down and quickly. I also ran a little over 4 miles yesterday and am feeling real good about starting the 1/2 marathon training soon.

I have been asked a lot about how long I will stay on the shakes only plan, here is the deal. This diet that St. Bernards weight loss center does called HMR has a 12 week core plan. I chose the most limited one with the shakes only, you could do shakes and meals or shakes meals, and fruits and vegetables. At the end of the core you decide based on how close you are to your goal what you want to do next. You can continue just like you have been, or you can add some stuff, or you can go into maintenance and start adding real food back into your diet. I am leaning towards just adding fruits and vegetables and shakes till I get to 230 or so, then I will start adding "real" food back in until I get to goal and find out how many calories a week it takes to maintain 220 or so. Then they want you stay in the maintenance program for about a year so you can go through all the major holidays and birthdays and vacations and all that stuff and stay at your goal. I think it will be good. I will keep you updated. But for now I am focused on FEB 5, if you see me writing a lot about that day or talking about it's because I am going to have a real meal after that weigh in before I start the next phase, right now I am thinking PIZZA, but steak is a real possibility.

I have 5 more weigh-ins to go and I need to lose 27 pounds to get to 260, that is a little over 6 pounds a week. This is a short week, but I am going to really try and work out a lot between now and then so I will start out on the right track. I will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe you've lost almost 100 pounds since you started. And you've done it during one of the most crazy times in your life. Congrats on this victory!
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Wow, Brad...You are really amazing!!! I know you'll be dancing on Feb. 5!!! We're cheering for you back-east.
Dave Shumpert