Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Short Week

I had only had from Wednesday to Monday of this past week to count towards my loss and I weighed in at 281.8 a loss of 5.8 that gives me a grand total of 73.8 in the last 8 weeks. I am really excited about that, I am also excited about the 4.5 miles I ran yesterday, but I am most excited about my trip to the department store.

I went in Dillard's to buy a new belt, because I am having some trouble keeping the ole pants up, and I don't want to buy a lot of new clothes right now. So I get the belt and on my way out I go past the regular size Polo section (not the big and tall Polo) I am very familiar with big and tall Polo because they have the biggest cut in the thigh and butt area and that is what I usually need. Anyway I decide to see if I can fit into a pair of jeans. The biggest size their "normal size" jeans go to is 42. I got a pair and went to the dressing room. THEY FIT!!! They were the type of jeans that come with a couple of holes already in them (not just the holes for your legs) and looked a little worn. I am cool with that, I am hip. But I was a little concerned about the integrity of the fabric around the hole. Anyway I went back over to the jean rack and was looking around and this kid sales guy comes up and says, "are you looking for the ones without the holes?" with this smug kind of , you are too old to get it man, kind of attitude. So I said "No, I am just concerned about the integrity of the fabric around this particular hole placement" Then he looked at me like, yeah you are too old, and he said we have jeans without holes. I said " I will take these with the hole, thank you very much!"

Another quick story. I am wearing a pair of pants today that are size 42 that I have had in my closet for almost 7 years with all the tags still on them. About 7 years ago I was at my parents house and we were going to go to a deal at their church to celebrate my grandfather's years of service and I needed a nice pair of pants. My wife and mom were out shopping and Kim just bought me a pair of what she thought I wore. She brought them home and they were way too small. She said she would take them back, but I said no no NO!! I will lose a little weight and get into them soon. I have kept them in my closet this whole time and today my readers, I TOOK THE TAGS OFF and put em' on. It was a good feeling.

No comments: