Saturday, January 20, 2007

Reporting from Arlington Texas

The last couple of weekends have found me on the road. Last weekend at Gulf Coat Getaway in Panama City Beach Floida and this weekend at Winterfest in Arlington Texas. I have to admit that I love seafood and I love eating in the Dallas area. But with all the college students with me last weekend and my good freind John Woodruff with me this weekend I have had little problems with staying on the plan. It is really hard to cheat with so many knowing what you are doing and knowing that the end of this intensive 12 week core of the program will be over in just 2 and half more weeks. I am hopefull of a big loss this week to get back on target to loss 100 pounds in the 12 weeks, but I have not been able to run as much. I currently weigh 275, I started the journey at 355, so that means 20 pounds in three weigh ins. This will not be easy and I will not be greatly dissapointed if I come up a little short, but it would be nice.

I did run three miles yesterday on the treadmill here at the hotel and I ran a mile at 6 miles and hour, which is an all-time high speed for me. I was excited to get through 3 miles in just over 30 minutes. My goal is to average 10 minute miles someday.

I have a chance to re-state my goals, both short term and long term, so here it goes. 1) Finish the 12 week core strong and loss as close to 100 pounds. 2) Get down to 220 with maintance 3) The Nashville 1/2 marathon April 28 4) The Local triathlon May 5. 5) Another tri to be determined during the sumer 6) and finally the Chicago Marathon in October. The long term goal would be an Ironman race in 2008, but that is a little down the road. I will really have to improve my swimming to do that.

Thanks for keeping up with me, I will give a weight-in update on Monday, I hope to get in the 260's!!

No comments: