Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Some inspirational ramblings

Today is the first day I am posting anything about this journey. I would just like to thank my good freinds Phillip and Brooks for helping me have the courage to start down this road, and my wife Kim for loving me through my many trials and failures.

I am just back from working out, I accidently packed underware instead of workout shorts, so I had to go home and get some shorts as not to cause others in the Trim Gym to lust. Today has not been an easy day to stay on plan. After going home to get my shorts I noticed the cake that had been left over from house church the previous night, I really wanted some but I abstained, then I went to Arby's and they compelty messed up my order and I wanted to just say forget it I will go to Pizza Hut!!!! This has really been a difficult day and a half or so I am not sure why. But last night I was talking to my good friend Dan and he is a little of the hefty side himself and we were talking about what makes you just do it, it's not the plan or the food or the working out, it is just drawing a line in the sand and saying "this is importnat to me, this is the most importatn thing, next to God and family to me" and that is a risk becuase if you fail at something you that much importance on you could really feel like a big loser. "Every man dies, only few men truly live" William Wallace.

No comments: