Friday, October 07, 2005

End of 12 weeks

Today was the final weigh in of the first 12 week period of my workout and diet plan. I started this whole thing at around 380+, and today weighed in at 341, that is a total of around 40 pounds. I am excited to continue on in the process and see what another 12 weeks can do. As part of the next 12 weeks I am going to run a 5K in Memphis, TN on Dec 3. I rewared myslef with new running shoes when I got under 350, I hope to reward myslef with a new road bike when I get under 300, and finally reward myslef with a new Ironman scaled that measures body fat and all that good stuff when I get under 250. I know that I am not half way to my goal yet, but it seems so much closer, I cannot imagine having go through the starting process all over again and getting used to this lifestyle, but at this point, 12 weeks down the road it seems very normal, and hard to imagine my old lifestyle...does that even make sense?? Anyway, I am feeling good, I am stronger, my clothes are fitting much better, and I can actually run for like 5 minutes walk for 2 run for 5 walk for 2 run for 5. All of this leading me to my ultimate goal of weighing around 220 and doing an Olympic Distance Triathlon. I hope to do some shorter sprint Tri's and 5ks and 10ks and some bikes races along the way, and those are all pretty big goals to me in themselves, but I think it is OK now to let you know the ultimate goal...well if I am going t ogo that far I might as well tell you that the real ultimate goal in my mind it to be able to say I went from almost 400 pounds to being able to complete an Ironman. That has sounded kind of silley in my mind for a long time, but I continue to make the small steps and even though this ultimate goal may be a couple years a way, I know with persistance and a little luck and a lot of hard work it can happen.

No comments: