Friday, December 09, 2005

Down 2 Pounds this week

The Holidays have contributed to some slow going, but I am still on my way down. This week the scales reflect a 2.2 pound loss and I have run 3 miles twice with a lifetime first 4 miler coming up on Sunday.

It has been pretty cold around here the last couple of days, and as you runners know cold weather running gear is a litte form fitting. Not to give my nerighbors anything to talk about I usually run at the park when the weather calls for tights, but last night I was in a hurry and just decied to go out the front door and start running. Remeber I am a little self consious about the tights thing, so I had been going along for 10 minutes or so, and it's getting pretty dark, and this car comes up behind me and is shining their lights right on me and I am thinking what in the world are they doing??? they are just lurking behind me for what seems like minutes, finally I get out of the intersection they were wanting to turn into and they are gone. In reality I don't think anyone cares what I run in, it's just me being insecure, and that is what I think keeps so many people from just going out and doing something, I know it did me for a long time. There is a lot in that little slogan "Just DO IT" it kind of becomes addictive.

No comments: