Monday, December 19, 2005

Running going well

Friday I ran 3 miles and Friday night we had our office party and I ate a ton!!! Saturday Kim and I went to Memphis to take Kiley to see Santa and get some last minute gifts for family and I did not follow the BFL eating plan very close, but I did not go overboard, these parties and holdidays really make sticking to eating less difficult, but I can tell that I just can not eat as much as did last year at this time. I think part of it is my body is not used to that much junk and part of it is mental and I feel like I am ruining all this that I have worked so hard for.

Sunday was a 4 mile day and for the first time in my training I decided to branch out to the streeets of the big city. Before this all my runs had been at the Park or just in my neighborhood, but for some reason Sunday I decided to take on downtown! I parked at the high school parking lot and ran down main all the way till the bridge and then took a right and ran up another road till I had gone 2 miles then tuned around and ran the same rout back. I had a couple of people (people I knew) yell words of support as I ran, it was pretty cool. For so long, and I am still like this to an extent, but I did not want to run around people becasue I do not look like a runner and I am not graceful like a runner, but I run so that makes me a runner and I am not going to worry as much about where I run anymore, (other than high traffic areas without sidewalks, those are kind of scary)

No comments: