Thursday, December 15, 2005

Easy 3 Miler???

I never thought I would say that, but last night I actually ran 3 miles and it was not the herdest thing I have ever done. My legs felt great the whole way and my breathing was good too. I think I was even running a little faster then usual because my hear rate was running a little higher then usual also. Kim tells me that sometimes it just all comes together and a run is much smoother than normal, but that I should be ready that the next time I go out the door for the same distance it might be much harder. Of course the time before this when I ran, within in the first 5 minutes I was thinking I should just pack it in for the day because this sucks, who knows what will happen next time, but I am glad I am in good enough shape to enjoy this sport.

I weigh on Friday morning and I am pumped up about seeing the numbers go down again. We have a party tonight and another tomorrow night, and of course Christmas just around the corner, but I am still comitted to losing weight and not using the holidays as an excuse. I realize now that my goal to see 299 by Christams is not reality and 250 by my birthday is really wishful thinking, but 299 will come maybe even in January and 250 will be here soon enough if I just stay on track, and as far as I have come it is much to late to turn back. Almost everyone who I see that I have not seen in a while is telling be that I look smaller, it is really cool to be affirmed for all the hard work that goes into losing weight and getting in shape. For some it comes so easy, but I am not sure anyone who does not have an addiciton of some sort can understand what people who need to lose a lot of weight feel on a weight loss journey. Don't get me wrong there is not an excuse not to do it, but I guess if it was easy obesity would not be overtaking other diseases as the number one killer in America.

No comments: