Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Times are Tough

We had parties last week, we had a big big party last night and I missed my run yesterday. I ate buffalo wings and barbaque and cheese cake and kalhua cake, and carrot cake and...well let us just say it was a bad bad night for weight loss at the house. So today over lunch I decide to run 3 miles.....it was the worst training run I can remeber, I actually had to stop and walk for a few seconds. I am not sure what my problem was, my legs just gelt like giant pillars of stone. It gets worse, I had the great idea of weighing when I got home from running, now I usually get mad at Kim for weighing after a day that she konws was bad and I have made it a rule not to weigh during the week except Friday mornings, but I guess I was glutton for punishment becasue I weighed and if today was the official Friday weigh in I would be a lot closer to 330 than I am 319 (which I thought I might hit this week) I wish I could say that I have everything under control and that those numbers are going to start going down again, but I still have Christmas Eve and Christmas to go!!! I have got to right the ship on these days that I don't have a lot of temptation so that I don't lose a lot of ground come January, I absolutley hate going backwards. If I make a wrong turn I will drive around the world not to backtrack (just ask my wife) anyway I will let you know how things go on weigh day, I am planning on working out again tomorrow and eating really really good today Thursday and Friday, so maybe I can weigh in on Saturday morning and not be too depressed for the weekend.

2 comments:

Greg Brooks said...

Hey homey. Don't get discouraged. It sounds to me like you hit a wall when your body ran out of good fuel. You know the progress you're making; keep your eyes on the prize, my brother.

By the way--my knee has gone from about 25% two weeks ago to 85% today. Simple rest has done wonders. I will test it on the JHS track on January 1 and I expect good things. I remain 100% committed to Nashville on April 29th!

Shump said...

Thanks Greg, Glad to hear your knee is feeling better, Jan 1 will be here soon. I will need your help while at YIA to stay focused on the prize.