Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Welcome New Friends

I would like to welcome those who have joined this blog in process, my friend Chris Gonzalez has now linked to my blog, if you don't know who that is you can get there from a link on my blog. Anyway now the millions of people who read his blog might step over here from time to time and join the millions of my fatihful readers......well I do have Greg Brooks and my wife....Greg reads it sometimes. All that does not matter, the fact is if you are new to this blog join the crowd this is the first week anyone but me knew it existed. I know you are thinking, doesn't that defeat the purpose of a blog? why would you keep it a secret?? The fact is I did not trust myslef to follow through on some of the goals I set for myslef, and I did not want to let anyone down, but I did want to have some record of my journey. Although I am far from the finish line in this journey, I have felt enough sucesess to let my friends in family in on the blog. I have lost over 55 pounds and run a 5K, small goals, but completed goals. I am excited to have some new friends and family tuning in for the next goals and I am excited to share in that journey with you and the ups and downs that will come with it. I have struggled with weight all my life and only since I have applied some of the same priciples that I apply to my spiritual journey have I been able to have any real success at gaining control of it. For so long I felt that physical fitness was either something you had you or you didn't, kind of like the way I grew up in the "church" you were either in or your were out, you were saved and going to heaven and everything you did was pleaseing to God, or you were not and your were going to hell and you probably watched R rated movies. But I have since realzed that Jesus and I are on a wonderful journey and even though I don't have to questiong the eternal state of my soul, that is not the point, how can I grow closer to Him today? This weight loss thing has been very similar, I may never reach that point that I say, "It is finsished, I am in shape", but I am loving getting closer everyday and I realize, especially with good freinds on the road with me it really is the journey not the destination!

1 comment:

Donna G said...

Way to go!!!

I will be back on Chris's 40 day program when he starts it up! It is great to be able to share our successes, and even greater to realize just because I eat one Hershey's Kiss I am not doomed to be fat forever...

Nor does stumble in my spiritual walk send me straight to hell.

Thanks for sharing.