Wednesday, June 06, 2007

What Happened?

My weight went up about 10 pounds or so on vacation and some of that came off really quickly, but I am still a few pounds above the 235 I left with. I have continued my workouts and my commitment to 220, but I am having a crisis of will power!! It's like my body decided to stay on vacation.

Let me give you an example. Yesterday I had a great day, I swam in the morning, I had an organic breakfast cookie, I drank a lot of water and I had a couple of shakes during the day and another bar, some nuts and raisins and some salad. But last night we cooked out with our house church and I lost all control! My sweet tooth is what is killing me. There were brownies and cheesecake (my two favorite things in the world,do not get me started on brownie cheesecake) anyway I never really sit down and had a lot but I got a little here and there all night and I know I had more then I should of. What is concerning is that I really want to lose another 30 pounds or so, but I can not get back into weight loss mode. I have held what I have for a couple of weeks, but not going down again yet.

I am telling you this so you can help me stay the course. I have a bad habit of doing really really good, or maybe too good and starving myself and then eating a roll of cookie dough. This is not good, it makes me a little lethargic on my workouts and tired in the mornings. I am committing to eating more vegetables and less sweets. I am not sure how I am going to conquer the sweet thing. I am an extremist as most of you know, so I may just have to draw a line in the sand and say, NO DESERTS FOR 4 MONTHS, there I just said it. I can't believe I said it. But that is what I am going to do, I will not eat a cookie, a brownie or a piece of cheesecake till after the Marathon in October. I have lost 120 pounds and did not eat anything but shakes for 12 weeks, why does this seem so hard?

4 comments:

Greg Brooks said...

I don't know, my friend. I bet that if you feel like somebody else is watching over you or telling you, "that's enough," you'll eat another brownie just to spite them. Also your weight loss isn't as dramatic anymore, it won't make for such good pictures. I think you need to recover that sense of pride and accomplishment you had that helped keep you going during the shakes phase.

Am I wrong? Would it help if your friends said things like, "Be strong dude!" when there is cheesecake on the table?

Kim Herring said...

Brad - You have accomplished so much and if you've had shakes for 12 weeks maybe it's just that your body or more likely your taste buds just really enjoyed the treats and now you are craving them. I know for myself that I can't even have a bite of dark chocolate or I'll go over the edge and eat everything in sight.

Make sure to have healthy snacks around and BACK AWAY FROM THE DESSERT! lol That is meant purely in good humor but seriously have the healthy snacks around and make sure that you are eating and drinking enough of the good stuff.

I know I have been struggling for months but have managed to maintain my weight. Stay strong dude!! You are doing a GREAT job!

Anonymous said...

You've done so well! No worries! you will be fine! Don't stress!!

Russ said...

My experience with wieght loss and/or eating right and exercising. It ebbs and flows. Some months I'm rocking, others I'm rolling (literally). Right now I'm reading your blog thinking about my two week binge of zero exercise and eating whatever I want. It's time to go for run. Thanks for a motivation!