Friday, June 29, 2007

1200 Meter Swim Today

The training has gone well this week, and my eating is really back on track. For the first time ever I have now swam over 1000 meters at one time, 1200 today. The swim in Chattanooga will be 1500 meters, so I am actually feeling pretty good about it. I did not get to weigh in officially last night because Kim had a meeting and I had to watch the kidos, but I think I stayed pretty much the same last week. I have two weeks before the Triathlon and will eat very well between now and then.

I can really tell when I hang out with people who try to eat well, it is easier for me to eat well and vice versa. I have a brick workout tomorrow with an hour and a half bike and a 30 minute run and then a thirty minute bike and an hour and half run on Sunday. I am looking forward to a good weekend.

Thanks to all for your continued support and comments, it really means a lot to me. I am now finding a lot of encouragment from people like Dabbie and Toby who are working very hard on their weight loss journey, and the others who have posted comments that I have never even met. This struggle is like none other, and just becaue I have come so far, I realize how easy it would be to slip back into all the really bad habits.

5 comments:

Kim Herring said...

Good job Brad - you are going to do get in Chatanooga! Thank you for being an inspiration!

Debbie Cook said...

Wow - how many laps is 1200 meters anyway? I don't think I have ever swam more than a lap at a time. I'm impressed with your athleticism
and determination. You will be great in the Triathalon. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

You are going to do great in the triathalon...we are rooting for you!

Andrew and Amy

Anonymous said...

Just so you know the impact you have had:

You inspired me to get fit:

I inspired my father in law, my wife, and my dad.
My father in law has inspired his wife to get fit, and Jenny has inspired some of her friends to start. It only takes one person's determination to spark others. Thanks for being our spark...
-Box

Shump said...

Thanks Kevin, You are very kind. I appreciate your encouragment and I appreciate your work ethic and drive that you show. You are are really an inspiration to me too!