Friday, April 06, 2007

Exactley the Same as last week

This marks my first week without a loss since before Thanksgiving. I weighed the exact same down to the tenth of a pound as I did last week. I was a little disappointed, but then I thought about how much more disappointed I would have been if I had gained and I was really happy all of a sudden. The weight loss instructor said that there is never anything wrong with maintaining especially since I am in the "maintenance" phase of the program. She also said that with the 1/2 marathon just a couple of weeks away (April 28) that I might should concentrate on eating well and getting as many calories as I can to keep my weight and energy pretty level till after the race, I would not want to go in on anything less than a full tank of energy. I can see her point, and I will not try real hard these next few weeks to lose, but I hope that just eating healthy and working out might result in a few more pounds,(the 220's) before the big race.

4 comments:

Debbie Cook said...

I believe you have the determination to prepare for the race in a healthy way to support and protect your hard work and great success. Good Luck!!!

Melissa said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog and am starting my weightloss journey over after gaining most of my weight back when I went back to school fulltime. I'm very frustrated because I had lost almost 40 pounds. I noticed in your blog that you said weight loss instructor. What program are you doing? I'm going back to weight watchers this week. I have done two triathlons and will do two more this summer. I'm excited.

My blog is www.mommymeepa.blogspot.com

I write about my journey, but also my family life as well. I'm excited to read through your blog.

Greg Brooks said...

The race will be different this year for you. I'm so excited to watch you guys cross the finish line! I'm proud of your determination.
Carolyn

Toby said...

I know you probably felt upset after losing so many weeks in a row. But look at the bright side, two years ago, we went on that long of a streak of gaining weight every week for months at a time. At least we are going the opposite direction this time. Keep it up and get ready for the race.