Sunday, April 01, 2007

A BIG BIG WEEKEND

I did this weekend BIG both in a positive and a negative way. I ate a lot and I worked out a lot. I hope the working out will offset all the celebrating I did with Kiley over her 3rd birthday. Again on Saturday I went biking with my group that meets downtown at the coffee shot across from the bike store. This biking group is turning out to be kind of like a drug dealer. We started out the first week with an easy 20 and then 20 again, then last week they decided to go 40 miles. I made it and I was proud of myself. This week we start the first 20 mile loop and all of sudden we are going 4 to 5 miles an hour faster than last week and my heart is pounding. We went 40 miles again this week, but they pumped up the intensity big time. I made it and felt great all day. Then today I had 8 miles in my 1/2 marathon program and thought my legs would be dead, but to my surprise it was just the opposit. Today was the best long run of the training so far. I did the big paved loop around the lake twice (6 miles) and then the inside loop once (2.4 or something like that) so I made it over 8 miles today and felt really good. I usually really kick the diet in on Sunday through Thursday, but Kim is out of town today through Tuesday night and I never seem to eat really well when left to my own, so I will have to really rely on my working out to lose weight this week.

220 here I come!

1 comment:

Debbie Cook said...

Way to go Brad!!! Is there a prize for winning that marathon? I think you may be one of the best prepared participants for sure and just being able to finish is the prize. Thanks for sharing this piece of your life with those of us who need the reminder of what all is possable with hard work and dedication.