Monday, April 23, 2007

This is the week

This week is the big 1/2 marathon in Nashville. I had a big workout weekend. I swam on Friday Morning, I biked around 40 miles on Saturday, and I had my final long run of 10 miles on Sunday afternoon. The eating has gone pretty well over the weekend other than the big big meal in Memphis Friday night, but I think I should for sure not gain weight this week.

They say you should always be planning at lest 2 goals ahead to stay motivated and this weekend will be the end of a goal I have been working out for the last 12 weeks or so, and then immediatley after that the next weekend will be the triathlon here in Jonesboro. So today I am posting the next goal. On Monday of last week I signed up Kim and me both for the 30th running of the Chicago Marathon on October 7th. This will be her second marathon and of course my first. I have hear there is a big difference in training for 26.2 and 13.1, I guess I will find out first hand. I will post a link to that training plan after in the next couple of weeks.

3 comments:

Debbie Cook said...

Wow - The Chicago Marathon how exciting. I can't wait to hear how this weekend goes with the 1/2 marathon. You have trained to hard, I know you will make it just fine. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck this weekend in Nashville! I know you will do great!

Anonymous said...

that is a great new goal. I know you guys will have fun doing that together.
Carolyn