Friday, February 23, 2007

IT IS OFFICIAL I HAVE LOST OVER 100 POUNDS

101.7 to be exact. They actually hugged me at the weight loss center last night. I am pumped up about this milestone to say the least. If you count when I started this blog I have lost 128 pounds since August of 2005. Kim has told me recently that she never realized how big I was, but now that she goes back and looks at pictures compared to now, she is amazed. I am hoping to get some pics up of this whole journey very soon. I just stink at getting all that technology to work together, ok, I don't really, I just stink at getting the time to make it happen. I have bought another pair of 38 jeans because my 42 just got too big, so now I have two pair of jeans that fit. I think when it is all said and done I might be in 36s, who knows.

The workouts are going well and the long run this weekend is 5 miles, and I will do that on Sunday. I am close enough to the the 240s that I really want to have a good week and see those new numbers next week. There is something about not having to put the big sliding bar on 250 when you weigh on medical scales. I think I am just a week away from letting it stay on the 200!!

Thanks again for all the support, and encouragement, Kim and Carolyn, Greg and my Dad, and Dave and some chic from New York that made comments for awhile I have never met, and my mom who has done this along side me and been very successful herself. I am so blessed to have such a support group, and these are just the ones that come to mind from looking over the comments, there have been many more that have encouraged and I am very appreciative. It cannot be overlooked how big a part that plays and that is why I am asking you to help a couple of my Friend's

My friend Debbie is starting this same journey very soon on the same program and will have a blog and I will let you know the address as soon as I do. I know she can do it, but it is never easy, so be sure and look for way to encourage her. Also my friend Damon is about to go to Germany for back surgery and is going to blog at damonwright.blogspot.com he could use your support too. Be sure and check it out. It has been a long painful journey for him and hopefully he will fin relief very soon.

Thanks

4 comments:

Fajita said...

You are a stud!

Fajita said...

I'll say it again, You are a stud!!!!

Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah said...

Congratulations! You look great! I saw you at church the other day, and you really look awesome. I am so proud for you!

Jamie

Anonymous said...

Shump,

I just want you to know how proud of you I am. I miss you at the gym as my workout partner, but obviously, you don't need one!! The hard work you have done is going to give you such a longer, healthier life that you will enjoy with your wife and kids. I could not believe how great you looked Monday when we went to lunch, I was amazed. You should be so proud, I know everyone else is for you!!!

Blake