Monday, March 06, 2006

5 more miles

I am pumped up after my long run Sunday. Greg and I ran 5 again this week in our training for the Nashville half marathon and it went real well. I actually felt that I could go a little longer after our run. That is good becasue we are supposed to do 6 miles next week and I am a little nervous about it. I felt I we had a good eating weekend, I did eat too many sweets, but felt that I kept most everything else in check. I have not weighed since Friday and I am going to try and wait till this Friday to weigh, but I know I should lose some weight this week.

I have noticed that I am not really reaching my goals in the time frame I had originally set. I am not real upset about this as I am still going in the right direction. I am not sure it was reality to think I could be at 250 by April 15, so I am going to re-state that goal and say I would like to be at 250 by October. I think this will still push me to stay on track and be more realistic at the same time. All in all I think I can be very very close to the 220 mark by the end of the year. I am realizing that I am going to have to have athletic goals like the half marathon and triathlon and such to stay foucsed on eating right and exercise. I kind of have an addictive personality and I guess it is better to be addicted to a heathly lifestyle than bad food.

No comments: