Friday, March 24, 2006

Unusual Friday

I usually really look forward to Fridays, I know I am going to wake up and get on the scale and see the numbers go down, but not today. I knew I would not see the number go down and more than likely it would have gone up, so I just skipped today, I think everyone deserves a pass in life and I took one of mine today. I also missed my Friday lunch weight workout because my 10:00 meeting ran over. So I did not lose weight today and I did not lift today. I am going to try and get in a 3 mile run this afternoon and then maybe lift tomorow and get mentally ready for the big 7 miler on Sunday. My good freind Greg (the marriage and family therapist) who usually runs with me is having a tooth pulled today and has said he will not feel like running on Sunday. I have made him feel bad enough with all my football theology and pain is just mental talk, so I will not give a hard time anymore, but Greg if you are reading this, you know what part of the body you should leave at home and just come run Sunday.

I have just got to bare down and sacafice and get these last few pounds off so I can give myslef the road bike I have already bought. If I am going to do this triathlon in August I am going to need to start riding and swimming more, but for now I will concentrate on the 1/2 marathon and the short term weight goal. It seems to be going so SLOW!!!! I think some of it has been the stress I have been feeling lately. It is a lot harder to fire and hire people than I thought. I dreaded all day yesterday knowing that I had to let a lady go, and I guess eating makes me feel better, I had choclate and a lot of it. I have however taken the advice of yesterday's comment and bought a new hat to run in, it is one of those cool triathlon hats that wick sweat away and keep you cool while keeping the sun off my head. I think it will motivate me, at least it sounds good.

No comments: