Wednesday, March 07, 2007

PICTURES AT LAST






At long last I am publishing pictures. I have not really wanted to until it was all over becasue most of the time you think of pics as before and after. After would mean it was over and I am still on the journey, so let's look at this pics as a progress report. I know in the pictures where I am larger, the one in the plaid shirt and the one as Shrek at Halloween were around 2 years ago or so at around 370 - 380 pounds, the one with the sat dish is after I had started losing weight and the one with Kiley and me is from yesterday at around 250 pounds.

I am not going to comment a lot here, but let the pics speak for themselves, but I do want to make one observation. I was larger and now I am a little smaller, no that is not really my comment. What has occured to me most is that I never really thought I was that large until I have gotten this small, does that make sense? In other words I did not picture myslef near as large as I was, even when I saw pictures of myslef, until I had something else to compare to, like the picture from yesterday. I don't think you ever realize you are addicted to something while you are in the middle of that wilderness, sometimes you have to take it from friends, family, or doctors even if you don't see it, and realize you will see it and wonder why it took so long.

4 comments:

Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah said...

Wow! You look great! Between you and Deb, I am officially inspired! I need to talk to one or both of you and get some information. Congratulations, Skinny!

Jamie

Debbie Cook said...

WOW! You look great. Nothing like a few pictures to really measure your success. I am so proud for you.

Debbie Cook said...

Wow! You look Great! Nothing like a few pictures to really measure your success. I am so proud for you.
Deb

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics! I actually started swimming lessons at the YMCA this week in prep for the tri. That's my weakest area. That and running and biking.