Friday, March 09, 2007

UNDER 250!!

Mark it down, I no longer have to move the big weight over to the 250 on the medical scales. I weighed in at 248.4 this week. I am really really excited about that. For those of you who have been following along at home for the last year plus you may remeber I had some goals and prizes for myself when I reached certain goals. Let's take a trip down memory land
1) When I got under 350 I bought myslef a brand new pair of running shoes (Brooks Beast) still the brand I use,if they would like to contact my agent about an endoresement deal. I will run the Nashville 1/2 in Brooks Beast
2) When I made it under 300 I bought myslef a handy dandy new Specialized road bike. The very one I hope to take a little ride on early tomorrow morning.
3) I said when I got under 250 I was going to get me one of those cool Ironman scales that calculate body fat and BMI and all that good stuff. I am currently looking into that. But I have heard they are kind of a gimmick when it come to telling you anything but weight, and my current scale does a good job of that, so if I were to reward this new milestone with something else what should it be? I could use a new sports whatch/heart rate monitor, but I am not sure.
4) When I get to goal I said I was going to get a motorcycle, I am looking at the possability of making that a 4 door Jeep, but it may have to wait a while if I get to 220 anytime real soon.

It is cool to look back at some goals that were achieved. That has really been part of the key to success for this whole deal. I have taken some small wins and they have just snow balled and picked up momentum until all of a sudden I am looking at just 23 pound to goal!

My running has gone well this week and I have 6 miles on Sunday.

Thanks for all the support.

4 comments:

Debbie Cook said...

OH My - What can I say? Congratulations! I can't believe
you are soooooo close to goal. Way to go and keep up the good work. I want to ride in the Jeep -Motorcycles scare me.
Deb

Debbie Cook said...

OH My - Congratulations!!! And
sooooo close to goal. I want to
ride in the Jeep (motorcycles scare me). Keep it up, you ROCK!
Deb

Debbie Cook said...

OH My! Congratulations - and soooo
close to goal. Keep up the good work (I want a ride in the Jeep).
Deb

Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah said...

Wow! Congratulations, you should be proud!

Jamie